Prof. Andy Jones talks about research into the power of beetroot in improving sports performance and helping cardiovascular conditions. View full size.
Over the last five years, Sport and Health Sciences has welcomed postgraduate students from over 35 countries.
- 2nd in the UK for Sports Science in The Guardian University Guide 2013
- 7th in the UK for world leading and internationally excellent research2
- 94 per cent for Overall Satisfaction in the National Student Survey (2012)1
- Research expertise spans the full range of disciplines in sport, health and exercise sciences
- Internationally recognised, prize-winning Children’s Health and Exercise Research Centre
- State-of-the-art teaching and research facilities including modern laboratories for biomechanics, physiology, psychology and social sciences
- One of the UK’s top sporting universities, consistently top 15 in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) championships
Sport and Health Sciences at the University of Exeter consistently ranks in the UK’s top three sport science departments and maintains an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research, and an exceptional track record for student satisfaction.
Ranked 7th in the UK for world leading and internationally excellent research across the discipline (RAE 2008), all of our teaching staff are active researchers and their work informs public policy on exercise and health. For example, we provide scientific support and consultancy services to national and international athletes and teams including Rugby Football Union, England and Wales Cricket Board, and the Football Association.
As a postgraduate student you will be welcomed into a friendly, intellectually stimulating and highly supportive learning environment. You’ll benefit from programmes enhanced by the current research of our academic staff who collaborate with industry, national and international organisations and professional athletes to advance knowledge within the discipline.
We welcome enquiries about our programmes from interested students throughout the year. Please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1392 722884
Tel: +44 (0)1392 723310
After I started to my MSc, everything proved that my original choice to study at the University of Exeter was a wise decision: the incredibly beautiful campus, the convenient and comfortable accommodation, the state of the art study facilities, the professional and friendly staff and the reputation for excellence in research. Exeter is the exactly right place for me to do the MSc and I really enjoy my study and life at Exeter.
Xheng Pisi, MSc Sport and Health Sciences
2Research Assessment Exercise 2008 based on percentage of research categorised as 4* and 3*
1 The percentage of Sports Science students agreeing they were satisfied ranks 7th in the UK