St Luke's Campus, Exeter
Successfully completing an MPhil or PhD entails undertaking an in-depth study of a particular topic and making an original contribution to knowledge in the field. Our MPhil/PhD students are actively involved in work at the cutting edge of research activities within Sport and Health Sciences at the University of Exeter. Our research students benefit from modern study suites, are provided with a personal computer with internet access and specialised software, and have access to generous travel funds.
As a research student in Sport and Health Sciences at Exeter, you will study within an experienced support structure including:
- Professors, Associate Professors, Readers, Senior Lecturers, Lecturers and Research Fellows;
- full technical and administrative support;
- a programme of workshops and seminars, including sessions with internationally recognised visiting academics.
Our research students have:
- presented their work to international conferences and published in peer-reviewed journals prior to graduation;
- won numerous international and national awards for research excellence;
- all moved into full-time employment on graduation;
- work in universities all over the UK as well as in Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mexico, Portugal, Singapore and the USA.
Exeter is a university of the highest standards for teaching and research in Sport and Health Sciences, with a friendly welcoming community atmosphere, in a fantastic setting.
Sport and Health Sciences postgradaute research student