Find out why studying undergraduate Sport and Health Sciences at the University of Exeter is a fantastic choice. View full size.
View and download a brochure
Over the last five years, Sport and Health Sciences has welcomed undergraduate students from over 25 countries.
- 2nd in the UK for Sports Science in The Guardian University Guide 2013
- 94 per cent for Overall Satisfaction in the National Student Survey (2012)1
- 7th in the UK for world leading and internationally excellent research2
- Research-inspired teaching with academic collaborations with industry and professional athletes
- Dedicated laboratories for sport and exercise physiology, sports biomechanics, and health and performance psychology
- One of the UK’s top sporting universities, consistently in top 10 in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) championships
- Generous sports scholarship scheme
Sport and Health Sciences at the University of Exeter has an excellent reputation for both teaching and research. If you want an innovative and holistic scientific approach to the understanding of sporting performance, exercise and health, combined with an excellent general education that can lead to a wide range of employment opportunities, then our undergraduate degrees are for you.
You’ll benefit from our friendly and highly supportive teaching and learning environment, which complements the applied and conceptual nature our programmes. Our contemporary degrees are inspired by our research with staff incorporating cutting-edge material into their teaching. All of our teaching staff are active researchers and their work informs public policy on exercise and health. For example, we provide scientific support and consultancy services to national and international athletes and teams including Rugby Football Union, England and Wales Cricket Board, and the Football Association.
Many of our students represent the University in their chosen sport and a number have achieved regional, national and international sporting success. The University has an excellent Sport Scholarship Scheme and sports scholars succeed academically whilst also pursuing their sporting careers.
We welcome enquiries regarding admissions and aim to make the process as easy as possible for you. Contact:
Tel +44 (0)1392 723855
1 The percentage of Sports Science students agreeing they were satisfied ranks 7th in the UK
2Research Assessment Exercise 2008 based on percentage of research categorised as 4* and 3*